Put a twist on the classic chicken Parmesan and delight everyone at the table.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 pound linguini (or mashed potatoes)
- 4 (3 ounce) thin chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse.
- While the pasta’s cooking, prep the chicken.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Dip chicken culets into the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Scrape off the bits left in the bottom of the skillet — they’ll add flavor to the sauce.
- Boil until reduced by half.
- Add garlic, artichokes, capers and tomatoes, gently swirling the skillet to combine. Bring to boil, then remove from heat. Add butter and parsley, swirling to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken on top of the sauce, then cover to keep warm until the pasta is ready. Serve chicken and sauce over linguine with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.