When was the last time you had a head of lustrous, healthy-looking hair that didn’t come courtesy of the hair salon?
According to Pantene® global ambassador and celebrity stylist, Danilo, great style begins with healthy-looking hair. But before you think of all the other things you’re juggling on an average day and throw your hands up in despair, relax. It’s actually easier than you think.
What Makes Great Hair?
“High-performance hair” is what Danilo calls hair that is manageable, smooth, frizz-free and beautifully shiny. Practically speaking, it means having hair with strength, volume and no split ends.
None of us live in a bubble. With pollution, our busy lifestyles, commuting to work, sun, chemical treatments and heated appliances, it is no wonder our hair can look dull, lifeless and brittle.
How to Care For Your Hair
Reducing the amount of stress in your life and eating right are two ways to help — and not just your ’do. But according to Danilo, choosing the products that suit your hair type and condition are key. Once you’ve found the right products for your hair, he advises, stick to them.
Follow these 10 steps for revitalizing your hair:
- Start with the basics — a great shampoo and conditioner. Pantene shampoos and conditioners contain conditioning agents that replace lost moisture levels and nutrients, protecting your hair from brushing and combing.
- Before washing your hair, brush it to untangle and rid your locks of excess styling products.
- Ensure the water isn’t hotter than 98 °F (body temperature) or your hair will become excessively dry.
- Massage the shampoo in small circles to stimulate the blood flow, and then rinse.
- To dry, pat your hair between your hands or a towel. Don’t wring it, as this can damage the hair cuticle.
- Massage a small amount of conditioner into your hair, from the tips to your roots.
- Leave the conditioner in your hair for a couple of minutes for the best results.
- Over-rinse your shampoo and under-rinse your conditioner to leave your hair silky smooth.
- Rinse out the conditioner with warm water, making sure you don’t rub your hair.
- Squeeze your hair between your palms or a dry towel, and then use a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle it. Set your hairdryer to medium to avoid over-drying your hair.
Then, say hello to fabulous healthy hair!