By: Sarah Pottieger
Trying to get back into the morning school routine without letting your look suffer? You’ve got to do something with your hair, deciding on a hairstyle may be the last thing you want to worry about as you’re packing lunches and stuffing backpacks.
We have the answer. For a quick and easy look, check out our 5-minute hairstyles that will hold up throughout the day — without holding you up in the morning.
1. Headband or Hair Scarf
Embellished headbands and patterned hair scarves are the perfect accessories to keep your hair out of your face all day without sacrificing style. Both look great with hair worn up or down.
If you are wearing your hair down with a headband, tease your roots and finish with Pantene Flexible Hold Hairspray.
2. Side Braid
This is perfect for when you wake up with a serious case of bed head. Here’s how to get the look:
- Spray Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo into hair and quickly run your hands through your hair. The dry shampoo absorbs oil making it easier to braid
- Pull your hair to one side, and then starting at your neck, begin to loosely braid hair down
- Secure the bottom of your braid with a hair tie
- Spray flexible hold hairspray along the braid to finish the look
Tip: Leaving little wisps of hair out of the braid will frame your face nicely. And don’t worry about making the braid perfect — keeping it loose gives it an effortless look.
3. Half-up Knot
It isn’t as complicated as it sounds! Give it a try with these steps:
- Pull hair halfway up (how you part your hair is up to you)
- Section the hair in your hands in half, and then tie them as you would any knot
- Twist the knots around and adjust the look however you like
- Secure them by placing bobby pins through the knots — using thick pins on either side of the knots will give you the best hold
- Finish with Pantene Shaping Extra Strong Hold Hairspray for extra security
4. One Side up
For a simple look that’s so easy, try this:
- On one side of your head, gather a small section of hair from your part to your ear
- Twist the small section of hair between your part and your ear
- Secure your little twist with bobby pins and set the style with hairspray
For the rest of your hair, spray with texturizing spray for a fun, beachy look with Aussie Mousse & Leave-in Conditioner. You can spray a texturizing spray (like sea salt spray) directly onto hair or into hands, and then tousle your hair lightly to create soft waves.
How do you style your hair on busy mornings? Log in or register for P&G everyday and post your favorite hairstyle!