By: Gabriel Samra
The beginning of a new year is an exciting time for many reasons – setting new goals for yourself, trying new beauty looks, redecorating your home – but my favorite part is the beginning of red carpet season!
The glitz and glamour of awards show season inspires so many trends, with celebrities really pushing the envelope when it comes to beauty and fashion. Although these red carpet looks may seem unattainable, don’t let them intimidate you! Below are some easy-to-follow beauty tips that will let you be the star of your own red carpet – whether it’s going to a family party, date night, girl’s night out or simply running errands.
For a Flawless Face:
- Smooth, healthy skin is the foundation for a natural-looking makeup application. Exfoliating is key to help unclog pores, wash away dead skin cells and prime skin for moisturizers and makeup. Look for products with natural exfoliants and fruit enzymes to deliver superior cleansing to prep healthy skin for a photo-worthy look!
- To avoid oily-looking skin, opt for oil blotting papers before applying blotting powder. The less moist or oily your makeup is, the less powder will settle into creases.
- One of my secrets for getting that effortless “Hollywood glow” – mist a hydrating skin spray over your foundation instead of using a classic highlighting product. I find that a hydrating skin spray helps reflect light better than a traditional highlighter.
For Effortless Hair:
- The voluminous tousled hair look that many of our favorite celebrities sport is actually very easy to achieve:
- Blow-dry your hair as you normally would
- Use a texturizer at the base of the hair, like Pantene Volume Texturizing Non-Aerosol Hairspray, to give the hair some movement
- For volume, use a dry shampoo at the roots
- Gently tousle your hair until you achieve desired look
- Set with a flexible hold hairspray, like Aussie Mega Hairspray
- For days when you’re in a time crunch and don’t have time to visit the salon to update your hair color, opt for an at-home clear hair gloss. First, shampoo your hair and rinse out. Apply the gloss all over your hair. Leave on for about 20 minutes. Then, rinse out with shampoo and conditioner, style as usual. A clear hair gloss will temporarily revive your color and provide a beautiful luster.
What is your favorite red carpet beauty look? Share your favorites in the comments below!
Gabriel Samra has been synonymous with beauty and glamour for the past decade. Specializing in hair coloring, cutting, design and makeup application, Samra has developed a niche for creating scene-stealing, red carpet worthy looks adorned by the likes of top Latina superstars such as Paulina Rubio, Maite Perroni, Ana Brenda Contreras, Jacky Bracamontes and Rashel Diaz for award shows, such as the Latin GRAMMYs and Premios Lo Nuestro.