Things may not be what (or where) they were say 20 years ago, but we think that’s a good thing! You’ve learned more about who you are and what makes you happy, and that life-confidence looks good on you.
Younger women may appear to have the market on magazine covers, but luckily, feeling and looking great is for everyone. Here are 9 tips for making this age the best one yet:
1. Energize with new trends. Sometimes, we’re afraid to try out fashion trends that “the kids” are wearing, but have no fear! You can incorporate the latest styles into your wardrobe with baby steps. Try adopting one clothing trend a month – like an eye-catching pattern or leather accent – by pairing it with existing clothes in your closet.
2. Follow the 50-percent rule. Take a popular fashion trend and cut it in half. For example, instead of a full-on leather jacket, try a purse or accessory with elements of leather in it. Remember: baby steps!
3. Redo your ’do. Anything goes when it comes to hair, so don’t be afraid to go bold with a shorter cut that flatters your face. Browse a new style magazine and find a look you’d like to try before you visit your salon. Short hair is not required, though – with the right care, mid- to long-length styles look great at any age.
4. Get fit! There’s no age limit on exercise, and a simple walking program, building up to 30 minutes, five days a week, will do wonders for creating a healthy lifestyle and look. Strength training just three times per week can help improve bone density, reduce body fat and improve muscle tone. Of course, speak to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.
5. Lighten up the makeup. Too much makeup can add years to any face and weigh you down unnecessarily. Many salons include free makeup consultations, or you can stop by the makeup counter at your favorite department store to try out a new look.
6. Embrace your figure. Baggy clothing may make you appear larger than you actually are. Instead, opt for body skimming (not tight) items that will show off your feminine silhouette. And whatever you clothes to choose, keep them smelling (and looking) fresh with new Tide PODS with Downy!
7. Make a statement. Update your jewelry with a few hot pieces in the latest styles to complement a classic wardrobe. Choosing a few fun and eclectic statement pieces is an easy way to draw attention without completely changing your style.
8. Love your lips. Lips can be showstoppers in the right color, but also are one of the first areas to show signs of aging. Be sure to protect them from the sun with sunblock with SPF, like Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. Also, reapply color throughout the day to keep your lips moist.
9. Exfoliate. Frequent exfoliation – of your face and body – is key to smooth, healthy-looking skin. Be sure to follow up with a moisturizing body lotion – like Olay Ultra Moisture Body Lotion – to lock in moisture for 24 hours.
Which of this beauty tips did you find most helpful? Let us know in the comments below!