Through the brand’s commitment to empowering girls, Always has partnered with more than 30 organizations that serve girls in need around the world, including Save The Children and UN Women.
In the past 10 years, our programs have reached more than 45 countries and delivered more than 70 million pads to girls who need them most.
Here’s a snapshot of just a few of our programs:
Africa – Always Keeping Girls in School
Each year, more than 2 million primary school-aged girls in developing countries are forced to miss school during their periods because they don’t have access to sanitary products. Always set out to tackle this.
- More than 8 million pads distributed to more than 100,000 girls, along with puberty/health education
- 78 percent of schools documented improved girls’ attendance.
Nigeria, Nepal, Mexico – Health and Hygiene Programs
Puberty can be a scary time for girls, especially when they, their families and their communities lack of information and access to bathrooms or sanitary products. Always partnered with Save the Children to change this, helping girls stay in school and shine.
- Health and Hygiene program reduced school absences from 73 to 30 percent
Europe – Changing the World of Refugee Girls
The Syrian Crisis is one of the biggest challenges of our generation. Girls are among the most affected, with many no longer able to attend school; young women unable to work and provide income for their families. These girls lack access to training and often face gender-based barriers that keep them at home. Always partnered with UNESCO, Save the Children and other organizations to empower young girls and women through the following initiatives:
- More than 2 million pads donated since 2015
- More than 1000 girls to receive education and life-skills training in Jordan.