The sink is one of the most trafficked spots in the bathroom. Get it clean and organized with our simple three-step guide.
Step 1: Clear the Surface: Remove everything from the sink’s surface and set it aside. Keep a crate or basket handy to store items during cleaning sessions.
Step 2: Wipe, Scrub and Stock
- Clean all surfaces with a non-abrasive cleaner — including the faucet, sink bowl and cabinet doors or sink pedestal. Rinse thoroughly
- Soak the toothbrush holder and soap dish in hot water, then rinse thoroughly
- Run the opening of the toothpaste tube under hot water and wipe clean with a paper towel to remove buildup
- Wipe and dust items like tissue box covers, soap and lotion dispensers, cotton swab containers, jars and bowls
- Stock and refill tissues, towels, soap, lotion and other bathroom essentials that reside on the sink’s countertop
Tip: Loosen hard-to-reach dirt and grime around the faucet knobs with a piece of dental floss.
Step 3: Organize
With everything pulled off the sink, it’s a great opportunity to organize.
- If room allows, place a cake stand on the sink to maximize space. Store often-used items on the pedestal, and tuck rolled towels underneath.
- Organize under the bathroom sink with a tiered lazy Susan.
- Empty drawers, wipe them out, then use ice cube trays to store small items and makeup.
- Hang a pegboard inside the cabinet to organize hair accessories.
- Color-code the bathroom to keep each family member organized and tidy.
Tip: Why stop at just the sink? Clean your whole bathroom in 30 minutes or less!