7 Ways to Cheat at Cleaning
Learn how to “cheat” at cleaning and quickly get back to what you love with these 7 tips.
Who wants to spend the whole weekend cleaning the house? It’s your time to enjoy, so spend it wisely. Use these tips for cleaning your home fast — so you can get back to the fun!
1. Clean Top to Bottom. Start cleaning items above your head and work your way down to the floor. This prevents having to re-clean items, saves time and gives you a method for dealing with the madness.
2. Give Plants and Blinds a Shower. Place your plastic or faux wood blinds, two or three at a time, in the bottom of your bathtub with the drain open, turn on the cold water shower and let the water stream do the work. Then, let them air dry.
3. Use a Multi-surface Cleaner. Forget about switching cleaners and using multiple dust rags. Use a cleaner for various types of surfaces.
4. Banish Shoes from inside. Sneakers and boots are notorious for tracking mud and dirt into the house. Take off your shoes before entering the house. You'll sweep and scrub less often.
5. Wash Patio Furniture when it’s Already Wet. Grab a roll of paper towels and give patio furniture a quick scrub after the next rainstorm or morning dew.
6. Clean as You go. Take a few minutes each day to clear the counters, file away papers and wipe up small splatters and stains.
7. Don't Wait for the Weekend! If you can do it in a few minutes, do it now.