Kitchen Cleaning Tips
Daily: Routine Cleaning
Get in the habit of regularly cleaning easy-to-see areas. Taking a few moments to tackle highly visible, splatter-prone spots can make all the difference, plus it helps prevent grease and grime build-up on:
- Tile back splashes
Tip: Speed up the process by clearing countertops of pots and pans and small appliances. Not enough cabinet space? Use a hanging pot rack or mobile kitchen cart.
Weekly: All in the Details
At least once a week, turn your attention to small but mighty messes, like greasy fingerprints on the:
- Coffee maker
- Kitchen sink
Tip: As part of your weekly regimen, launder dishtowels and linen napkins.
Monthly: Complete Kitchen Clean
Every 4-6 weeks, conquer the often-forgotten areas. Look high and low for grease splatters, drips and scuff marks you may have missed during your daily and weekly cleaning. Zone in on:
- Under the kitchen sink
- Doors and frames
Tip: Got half an hour to spare? Get your whole kitchen sparkling clean in 30 minutes with our guide.
5 Essential Kitchen Organization Tips
Keeping your kitchen clean is the first step in organization. When you’re working with a blank slate, defining and implementing an organization plan is much easier and more achievable. Use these tips to get started:
- Keep the items you use most often at eye level and within arms reach.
- Over the course of the month, keep track of disorganized situations and pileups. Does mail commonly find it’s way to the countertops? Is the pantry always messy? Define the problem areas and create solutions for them on a case-by-case basis.
- Use containers or baskets with labels whenever and wherever possible.
- Consider utilizing unused space: Hang a pot rack from the ceiling, attach magazine files to the underside of cabinet ceilings — to store spices and grocery bags — or fill a deep drawer with dividers.
- Centralize similar items together in cabinets. Assign one for baking equipment, another for mixing bowls, etc.
Get access to more cleaning tips and tricks by becoming a member of the P&G everyday community.