Looking for a fast and healthy meal? Rotisserie chicken to the rescue! This pre-cooked ingredient can be used to make salads, soups and so much more in no time.
Click on for our four favorite ways to use this tasty time-saver.
Side Note: First timers, have no fear! Cooking with rotisserie chicken is incredibly easy – just tear off portions and use two forks or your fingers to shred into smaller pieces. For best results, shred chicken the same day you buy it (you can freeze it for later if you want).
Asian Chicken Salad
Rotisserie chicken makes for a tasty protein boost in salads. To make the Asian chicken salad pictured here, combine arugula, rotisserie chicken, shredded carrots, edamame and shiitake mushrooms. Top it all off with tangy Asian sesame dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Flatbreads
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup blue cheese
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Bake flatbreads for 2 minutes. Combine shredded chicken, 1 tablespoon green onions, 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce and chopped celery
3. Spread whipped cream cheese on the flatbreads
4. Add chicken mixture, cheddar cheese and blue cheese
5. Bake flatbreads for 5 minutes, or until golden brown
6. Combine Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce. Pour into a zip-top bag and cut off the tip
7. Remove flatbreads from the oven and cut them. Pipe on the sauce and top with remaining green onions
Chicken and Rice
Filling? Check. Fast? Check. Delicious? Check plus.
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup red pepper
1 cup frozen corn
1 red onion
1 1/2 cups dry instant rice
Green onion for garnish
1. Wash the fresh produce and dry with Bounty paper towels. Dice the red pepper and red onion. Thinly slice the green onion
2. Add soup, 1 1/2 cups water, paprika and chili powder to a pan. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until boiling
3. Add the chicken, rice, red pepper, corn and red onion. Simmer, covered, on medium-low for 5 minutes, or until the rice is tender
4. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes
5. Top with green onion and serve!
The beauty of quesadillas is that the possibilities are endless.
Start by spraying a pan or adding a thin layer of oil to it. Set to medium heat.
Next, line a tortilla with shredded cheese and shredded rotisserie chicken, leaving space around the edges. Then, mix things up by adding in your favorite ingredients, like tomatoes, onions, avocado, black beans, cilantro, corn, etc.
Fold in half and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Repeat on the other side.
Serve with southwest ranch if you’re into that sort of thing, which we are.