Need a dessert in a snap for guests – or for the family? No sweat. We’ve got some fruity dessert options that will help you usher in spring and sweeten your day in the process.
2 ripe pears, large sized
2 tsp honey
1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each pear in half and cut a small sliver off of the other side. Place open-faced on baking sheet.
- Scoop out the seeds using a spoon or melon baller.
- Add walnuts, cinnamon, top with a drizzle of 1/2 teaspoon honey for each half.
- Bake in the oven 30 minutes.
- Let the pears cool and enjoy!
Grilled Peaches with Ricotta
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pound fresh peaches, halved and cored
1/3 cup pistachios, chopped, for garnish
Fresh berries, for garnish
Freshly chopped mint, for garnish
- Combine honey, vanilla, ricotta and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Whip together, using a fork or whisk. Set aside
- Combine butter and honey in a medium sauté pan. Heat over medium heat until melted and combined
- Brush butter mixture over peaches. Grill cut side down (do not turn) for 3-4 minutes until grill marks form
- Remove from the grill and top with ricotta mixture
- Garnish with mint, pistachios and fresh berries