fruit salad is fine and smoothies are yummy … but summer fruits can be so much more. take advantage of what the season has to offer with these unique and tasty fruit recipes, which make delectable treats for a summer barbecue or dinner party. the best part? they all use fruits that are in season during the summer – meaning you’ll be able to get the juiciest, sweetest ingredients just by visiting your grocery store or local farmer’s market.
tip: cleaning up after cooking these sweet treats is a snap with cascade and mr-clean. Load cutlery, cutting boards and dishes into the dishwasher with a cascade platinum actionpac, which has three different cleaning agents that dissolve food, lift it off and rinse it away. then wet and squeeze a mr-clean Magic Eraser to easily remove sticky, dried fruit juice from countertops.
Easy sweet pizza
1 seedless watermelon
1 cup strawberries, sliced
½ cup blueberries
2 bananas, sliced
- slice up the watermelon into round slices
- slice rounds into four wedges
- top the watermelon wedges with sliced strawberries, sliced banana and blueberries.
- serve slices with a bounty Quilted Napkin to wipe up sticky faces
tip: Use whatever fruit you prefer – this is an incredibly versatile dish. for added sweetness, sprinkle your favorite sweetener on top or drizzle with chocolate syrup. Or try a goat cheese and basil variety for a sweet-meets-savory version.
summer fruit pops
2-3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 package fresh strawberries, sliced
2-3 tangerine oranges, peeled and sliced
1 package fresh blueberries
Iced treats mold
- add sliced fruit to mold
- fill remainder of mold with coconut water
- add a wooden stick to each mold
- freeze filled mold until solid
- Remove and serve
tip: spills and stains happen (especially when fruit pops are involved), so make sure to have tide Ultra stain Release on hand. It’s supercharged with specially formulated ingredients to help remove up to 99 percent of everyday stains vs. tide Original.
chilled avocado and Melon soup
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
1 8-9 ounce container plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ripe cantaloupe, scooped with a melon baller
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted, to garnish
- add avocado, onion, stock, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to a blender and mix until smooth
- garnish each serving with a few melon balls, basil and some toasted pine nuts. serve immediately. this is a fruit recipe guaranteed to impress!
How do you enjoy summer fruits? share your favorite suggestions in the comments section!