One day, many years from now, your child will meet that special someone, run off to the countryside and start their own family band. But for now, they’re all yours.
To help you celebrate the special bond only you two have, we rounded up four adorable Valentine’s Day breakfasts. So go ahead, make them something special and dote on them while you can. After all, they haven’t had their first real relationship. Yet.
Cupid’s Arrow Kebabs
Win their hearts with this loveable kebab. Simply thread donut holes, strawberries and blueberries onto a skewer. Add your own creative spin by cutting a V-shape into the top of the strawberries so that they resemble hearts, crafting the skewer into an arrow or swapping the donut holes for pieces of waffle and whipped cream.
Cuddly Cinnamon Rolls
For a warm and tasty treat, just make a few simple adjustments to store-bought cinnamon rolls:*
- Unroll the cinnamon rolls, leaving a small coil in one end
- Form a coil in the other end and nest it next to the other coil
- Make a pinch point between the two coils for the heart V
- Bake and glaze according to package directions
*Note: You’ll need to use the type that can be unrolled in order for this to work.
Loving Side up (Heart Egg in a Basket)
Use the classics to make a heartwarming breakfast.
A thick slice of bread
Heart-shaped cookie cutter or knife
Your choice of jelly, jam, honey or peanut butter
- Separate the egg white and yolk
- Butter one side of the bread and add it to a pan, butter side down
- Cook on medium heat until golden brown
- Remove from heat and butter the uncooked side of the toast
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut a heart shape out of the middle
- Lower the heat and return both pieces (the heart center and the outline) to the pan, uncooked-side down
- Add just enough egg white to fill the hole, and then carefully place the egg yolk in the center
- Cover the pan and cook for a couple minutes, checking the egg and toast regularly
- Spread your choice of jelly, jam, honey or peanut butter on the heart and serve!
Don’t forget about drinks! Delight your darlings with a quick berry smoothie or a glass of strawberry milk (nutrition boost in both = #momwin). You can even plop in a fun straw for a festive finishing touch.
Served with Love
Napkin notes are a parent classic and a great addition to any Valentine’s Day meal. Show them how much you care – while caring for the inevitable messes and spills.