Black Bean, Mushroom and Cheese Enchiladas
This vegetarian recipe will help satisfy your taste buds without emptying your wallet.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste, 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and mushrooms and sauté just until soft, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in cumin and chili powder. Let cool slightly and stir in the black beans, diced green chilies, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, sour cream and cilantro. Stir until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide mixture between the 8 tortillas, placing filling just off center of each tortilla. Roll tortillas into loose cylinders. Place the seam side down in the prepared dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with additional cheese.
Bake until bubbling and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional sour cream and chopped cilantro.