Mug-made is all the rage if you want to eat something tasty, fast. If you’ve had mug cakes, you’ve experienced the ease and delight that comes with a single serving of comfort and goodness – cake in a mug. Take it to go or enjoy it at home, these one-dish wonders are certainly something to behold. And, literally, to hold.
Now we’re bringing you the quick and easy mug omelet, sure to inspire added ingredients and creativity with each step and prep. (But not to worry, there isn’t much of that.)
2-Minute Easy Mug Omelets
2 or 3 eggs
1 tablespoon diced breakfast meat (ham, cooked bacon, frozen sausage)
1 tablespoon salsa
1 tablespoon shredded cheese
Salt and pepper
Olive oil (or cooking spray)
- Spray your mug or coat lightly with olive oil
- Add eggs to mug and whisk
- Add meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed well
- Cook in microwave (on high) for one minute. Stir the mixture and break up large pieces of egg
- Cook for 45 to 60 seconds, or until the eggs are set
- Add a sprinkle of cheese, a touch of salt and pepper, and enjoy
Mix and match this recipe as you see fit! Experiment with veggies like diced green peppers, mushrooms or onions, and find your favorite mug omelet.
What’s your favorite egg recipe? Share it in the comment section below.