- Dried rose buds are perfect before a romantic date.
- Dried lavender and loose chamomile tea are relaxing before bedtime.
- A spice blend such as cinnamon, cloves and rosemary can help energize you before a night on the town.
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup Epsom salt
1 cup scented ingredients (roses, spices, soap shavings or lavender)
6 coffee filters
Needle and thread, or a stapler or twine
Tip: Making tub tea is a resourceful way to use up old slivers of soap as well as shavings from soap carving.
- Prepare your scented ingredients. If using roses, cut off the heads of the roses. Use a hammer to smash the bases of unopened rose buds to help release the oils, or to gently crack open spices
- In a bowl, combine scented ingredients with oatmeal and salt
- Place 1/2 cup of the tub tea mix in the center of a coffee filter. Fold in the sides, and then fold up the bottom. Stitch closed at the top with a needle and thread. Staple or tie tightly if preferred. Repeat with remaining tub tea mix and coffee filters
- Place them in a basket by your tub to enjoy, or use them as gifts — they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day and make great baby and bridal shower favors
Tip: You can also store the mix in a large, covered jar and scoop it out as needed. For easy steeping, simply fill a tea ball with the loose mix and hang it from your tub faucet.