As the last days of summer come to a close and sweaters are being broken out from the boxes, celebrate end of the season with your friends and family. From a simple backyard barbecue to heading out to the waterpark to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts, try some of these ideas for a perfect Labor Day.
Host a Barbecue or a Picnic
- Ask guests to bring a dish, potluck style, to ease your workload.
- Learn to plan the perfect picnic and celebrate family time.
- Keep guests entertained with our outdoor game ideas for all ages.
- Make sure you have everything for the barbecue ready to go.
- Get together with neighbors and plan an inviting block party.
Hit the Lake, Beach or Park
- Pack up the cooler with drinks and plenty of portable snacks.
- Bring your own sandwiches or wraps to save money at the vending machines or concession stand.
- Remember the sunscreen and comfy chairs or blankets to help you enjoy the day.
Check Your Community Calendar
Check with your local Chamber of Commerce for a listing of monthly events. These can include art fairs, farmers’ markets, street fairs and parades.
Plan a Long-Weekend Staycation
Avoid the Labor Day traffic while discovering what’s in your own backyard.
- Visit a waterpark for a day of fun in the sun.
- Eat at that new restaurant you’ve been meaning to try.
- Spend the entire weekend camping in the backyard.
- Bring your family to a museum zoo, aquarium, or observatory for an educational, fun excursion.
Finish summer off with a bang this year and spend it with the people you love. How do you spend your Labor Day? Let us know in the comments section!