Steak, Peppers and Corn on the Cob Kebabs Recipe
Make these kebabs for a full dinner on a skewer and skip the cleanup afterward!
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 4 metal skewers
- 4 ears corn, husk and silk intact
- 1 pound lean steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces**
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Pre-heat grill to high and oil the grate.
Place corn, still in the husk, in the microwave, and cook for 2 1/2 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove husks and silk, then cut into 3-inch pieces.
Thread corn, steak, onion, bell pepper and any other vegetables onto metal skewers, and leave a small space between each piece to avoid crowding.
Brush kebabs with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Grill skewers with the lid closed for 10 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes until steak is medium rare and corn is slightly charred.