Some of the coziest spaces in your home are also the smallest. But just because they lack in size, doesn’t mean they have to lack in charm.
- Mirror Makeover: The entryway is usually one of the smallest spaces in a home. Adding a mirror or making over an existing mirror is one of the easiest decorating updates you can do, plus it helps the space feel bigger.
Tip: Find an antique mirror at your local thrift store and hang it with its existing years of patina. Or if you’d like a more contemporary look, spray paint an old mirror with a can of high gloss paint.
- Stairwell Gallery: Transform unused wall space in your home’s stairwell by displaying a gallery wall of photos.
Tip: Purchase inexpensive frames from craft stores or used frames from thrift stores and have mats custom made to fit the frames and your pictures. This helps create a custom look for much less than what you’d likely spend if you were to get all of your photos professionally framed.
- Floating Shelves: They not only add to your décor, but they are also functional! In your bathroom, hang three or four floating shelves on the wall above the toilet. Then, add vases and baskets to store items like hand towels, soaps and extra bath tissue. This is also a great way to increase the storage in a small bathroom.
- Frame Collection: If you have an empty wall in your home, like above a cabinet or chest, try covering it with an eclectic collection of frames. Find frames that are all different wood and metal, gold and silver, large and small, and display together in the small space.
- Live Plants: Liven up your small spaces with a touch of greenery. Create a dish garden by planting collections of indoor plants in small teacups or vintage dishes and display in the small, cozy nooks of your home.
How have you decorated the small spaces in your home? Let us know in the comments below!