Add some finesse to your yard by making it a reflection of your personality. Learn to embellish fences with flowers, stencils and other fun decorations with our inspired ideas.
Create playful plant holders that are a perfect solution when space is tight.
- Find scrap wood pieces and screw them into place forming a square or rectangle.
- Using “L” brackets, secure boxes to fence.
- Place potted plants on the bottom shelf.
Repurpose old hose spigots to make faux metal flowers.
- Find vintage hose spigots at a salvage yard or hardware store and paint the handles in a variety of colors.
- Screw the ribbed faucet into the fence at varying heights and paint the exposed area green.
Use painter’s tape to create a stencil pattern on the fence. Paint, then remove the tape.
Tip : Use our stencil templates or easily create your own.
Rain Boot Garden
Get the whole family involved in creating this unique garden.
- Find a few old, colorful rain boots at rummage sales, thrift stores or at home.
- Screw each boot into the fence from the inside of the top of the boot.
- Fill each boot with potting soil and plant flowers or other greenery.
Place metal picture frames on the fence like you’re decorating a hallway.
- Leave them blank or paint the inside area with fun designs.
- Add additional metal hanging art like copper butterflies or a brass snail.
Secure a grouping of old windows to the fence. Mix and match a variety of paneled frames to create a charming, vintage look.
Create a brand new look for the fence with a fresh coat of paint.
- Find a color palette and alternate colors every 3-4 fence posts.
- Create an exciting mural like a sunflower garden or nighttime scene.
- Start at one end of the fence and create a beautiful rainbow scape towards the other.