By: Camille Simmons
Surrounding yourself with your favorite colors, accents, fabrics and artwork will make you love where you live. Take our quiz to discover your design style, and then read the matching design guides for how to achieve it.
What colors do you love to decorate with?
- Earthy tones with bright pops of color like pink, yellow or orange
- Neutral colors such as gray and off-white, but accented with gold, silver or bronze
- All shades of blue, like cerulean and turquoise, that remind you of the sea
- Purples, pinks and other bold jewel tones, plus mixing colors
- Only natural colors like sea green or blue with clean whites, browns or black
If you could take a dream vacation, where would you go?
- On a low-key trip to a resort where you can spend all day relaxing at the spa
- To a gorgeous vintage hotel with classic restaurants in a metropolitan city
- To a villa overlooking the sea with a huge terrace and ocean breezes
- To a bustling town with dozens of markets to buy fabrics, jewelry and exotic trinkets
- To a peaceful retreat away from noise where you can completely unwind and relax
For months, what item has continually been on your shopping list?
- A beautiful, handwoven throw blended with bright colors in plush fabric
- A coffee table with brass in a geometric pattern and dark tabletop
- A large metal bed frame perfect for draping with a light and airy canopy of fabric
- A brightly colored rug with a bold pattern to be the focus of the entire room
- A sofa with clean modern lines and smooth fabric that is simple and comfy, yet stylish
Your bedroom is currently filled with what accent pieces?
- Eclectic bohemian patterns and sheets in complementary colors
- Brass lighting, black and white, and metal trinkets on the nightstand
- Scroll patterns, elegant accessories and crown molding trim
- Tons of pillows in all shapes, sizes and colors piled on the bed and in every corner
- Bamboo, cotton or linen fabrics, natural wood pieces, and other organic accents
If You Chose:
Mostly A’s: Your Preferred Style is Boho Chic
You love an eclectic style that reflects your go-with-the-flow attitude. Vintage artwork, shaggy fabrics and fresh flowers are right up your alley.
Get our tips for creating a perfect boho chic style!
Mostly B’s: Your Preferred Style is Art Deco
A nod to the past is what you want in your home. You love geometric patterns and metal accents.
Get our creative art deco décor ideas!
Mostly C’s: Your Preferred Style is Mediterranean
Living by the coast is your dream! An open and airy space with classic design details is perfect for you. You can’t get enough of the sea and love to decorate with blues.
Get more suggestions for using Mediterranean styles!
Mostly D’s: Your Preferred Style is Moroccan
A bright oasis is exactly the look you want at home. Plush pillows, colorful fabrics, rugs and ottomans for every nook make you smile.
Get more ideas on how to decorate in full Moroccan style!
Mostly E’s: Your Preferred Style is Zen
At home you want to feel completely at peace. Natural, no-fuss materials and clean lines are the way to design your space.
Get the look with our ideas for a Zen décor!
Which décor style did you get? Tell us in the comments section below!
Camille is a Bay Area-based planning and decorating expert. She is the creator of Planning Pretty, a lifestyle site dedicated to sharing easy, affordable and pretty ideas for everyday living.