Everyone has those days – you’re absolutely exhausted and about to rush out the door, so you consider skipping breakfast altogether. But you hear that voice in the back of your head saying, “You shouldn’t skip the most important meal of the day!”
So for those inevitable I’m-too-busy-for-breakfast days, here are 4 quick breakfasts that you can whip up in a flash, either the night before or the morning of!
1. Baked Apples with Walnuts
Add walnuts to baked apples and you’ve got a good dose of antioxidants, protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
2 apples, cored
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
8-12 walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Core the apples. Divide walnuts, stuff into each apple and place them in a baking dish
- Pour juice over the apples and place dish into oven
- Periodically baste the apples with the juice. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until apples are tender
2. Quinoa with Blueberries
Quinoa can be eaten for breakfast, too! Top with antioxidant-rich blueberries and walnuts for a vitamin-dense alternative to cereal.
1 cup cooked quinoa
1⁄2 cup blueberries
1⁄2 cup low-fat milk or milk alternative (soy, almond, coconut)
1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Coconut oil (optional)
- Add cooked quinoa to bowl. Add milk and top with blueberries and walnuts
- Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for extra richness, or desired amount of honey for extra sweetness
3. Spinach with Scrambled Egg Whites
Scramble spinach together with egg whites for a low-fat, high-protein breakfast.
Olive oil cooking spray
1 cup fresh spinach
4 egg whites, about 1/2 cup
Salt and pepper, to taste
Tomato salsa (optional)
- Spray a sauté pan or non-stick pan with cooking spray. Add spinach and lightly sauté until it begins to wilt
- Pour egg whites into pan with spinach and scramble together until cooked
- Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, top off with a bit of tomato salsa
4. High Fiber Berry Green Smoothie
Need to sneak more fiber into your daily diet? Try this yummy, fibrous recipe!
8 leaves spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup blueberries
1⁄2 cup raspberries
1 lemon, juiced
1 rounded teaspoon Metamucil Sugar Free Original Smooth Powder
1 handful ice (2-3 cubes)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix for 1 minute
Cleanup Tip: When you’re done slurping up that last delicious sip of green smoothie, throw your dirty glass straight into the dishwasher with Cascade Platinum Pacs – no pre-wash needed!
Which of these healthy breakfasts will you try? Let us know in the comments below!